Saturday, July 6, 2013

Math Book Picks

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'm linking up with First Grade and Fabulous to share some of my favorite picture books I use to teach math concepts. From reading what other people have listed on their posts, I've learned about many new math titles that I want to add to the class library. So, join the party and link up (just click on the image below):

Too bad I am not in my classroom right now because I am sure I would have more titles. These are my top picks (kid-tested/teacher approved):
Counting/Number Concepts:
*The Doorbell Rang could also be used in the fraction category. 





Calendar:


Telling Time:


Money:
*There is a whole series of nonfiction money books by Mary Hill. I use them every year, and they quickly become ones my students choose for their reading boxes. They have been taped multiple times-I highly recommend this series. I got it from Scholastic a few years ago.

Addition/Subtraction:
*Jerry Pallotta is, in my opinion, an awesome author. He wrote a variety of books for children, including some great ones about many different math concepts. My kids LOVE these books. He has a bunch of Hershey themed books.



Measurement:


Geometry:



Fractions:



What math books do you use?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jen! That is an awesome list of books. I forgot about Eating Fractions. I started using that book when I was student teaching...20 years ago! We used to give each student a Tastykake and a plastic knife and divide the cupcake in halves, quarters, etc. and then eat the fractions! Kids loved that lesson. :) Today it would never be allowed for so many reasons.

    Love your book choices!
    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of books. Thanks for breaking them down by skill!! :)

    Thanks for linking up!!

    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete