Sunday, June 2, 2013

Farley's Currently June

Busy time has set in!!! 

We had our 4th Annual Poetry Party in my classroom on Friday. Parents came to see what their children learned about poetry. The children published two poems each, and they read them. They then were presented with a book with our published poems to read and keep. It was great! One of my favorite poems one of my students published was about reading (see below). This shows that CAFE really pays off!



This week is our field trip, and we're continuing our camping theme. Busy, busy, but also fun!

I'll be posting the pillowcase project I'm doing with my kids, in a few days. You don't want to miss this keepsake! What do you make for/give to your kids at the end of the year?

Here is the June Currently by Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade:



1. By the time I typed this part, they were separated in different rooms (oh, well).

2. We finally got a Vitamix. My DH and I have wanted one of these for quite some time. This machine is awesome! Quick smoothies, ice cream, and best of all....kick butt PiƱa Coladas!

3. I love summertime!
4. I don't think anyone will be using my room, but it still needs to be cleaned up and organized. If I had an extra set of hands, it would be so much easier!!!
5. The dreaded trip to the store...enough said!
6. I live in Fit Flops during the summer. I have bunions (gross, I know), and these sandals make my feet feel amazing! I can walk around a park with kids all day, and no pain! 


Sunscreen-I've had precancerous cells removed from my nose. My sis is a dermatologist who does skin cancer surgery on a daily basis. The sun is nothing to screw around with!!!

Hot Wheels  keep my kids busy for a long time. They are small enough to fit in my purse/beach bag or their pockets. They are great for restaurants, the resort room, the beach, the car, etc. They use their imagination and use them in all kinds of ways (races, car lot, mechanic, car accidents, police chases, etc.). Highly recommend them.

Check back tomorrow for Charity Preston's Manic Monday Freebie Linky. I'll be posting an end of year goodie bag idea/paper for your kiddos.




5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through the Currently linky. I'm loving the idea of a poetry party. I bet your kiddos and their families loved getting those books with all their hard work inside. Hot wheels are a mom's best friend. My little guy will play with cars all day long, that and dinosaurs. :)

    Erin
    It's "OWL" Good in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vita mix is the greatest thing on earth. Enjoy making all the yummy summer treats!

    Charlee
    LovingLiteracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three sons as well! A couple of years ago we also had a SURPRISE daughter! Busy, busy, busy! I am your newest follower!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finished our camping unit last week and my kiddos loved it! For the end of the year, we do a pillow keepsake project too with the kids handprints. Then I roll them up and hand them out as their "diplomas" on awards day! Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,
    I went for groceries today. I hate that job :(
    When is your last day of school? Four days left for me.
    Let's plan to get together for lunch soon!

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete